Republic Services Seasonal Sales Representative - door to door, up to 40 hours weekly in West Grove, Pennsylvania
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
Within an assigned geographic market, a part-time Sales Representative is responsible for selling new, profitable business to residential and commercial customers using targeted customer lists and canvassing local neighborhoods and business centers on a door-to-door basis, as well as through other approved marketing means, such as mailers, trade shows, chamber of commerce and other events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Minimum of two years of experience in door-to-door or direct consumer selling experience.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
• Sell residential and commercial subscription services in assigned sales territory or as directed; track customer and sales information to maximize sales and territory information.
• Market Republic Services via door-to-door sales, mailers, trade shows, telemarketing, chamber of commerce, community events and any other method directed by Company.
• Accountable for sales goal achievement, including achievement of respective key performance metrics.
• Maintain direct involvement in soliciting new customers, including bid preparation and development of strategies to retain customers that may include individual residential accounts, block rates, homeowner associations, town homes and any other subscription accounts available.
• Develop door-to-door sales services and work with operations and municipal marketing to create innovative and effective door-to-door solutions.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services and pricing structures.
• Complete required Customer Service Agreements and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
• Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a Company representative at community events, where required.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 1 year of prior experience that includes experience in a customer facing role.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.