Republic Services Asst Div Cntrollr Post Collect in Seattle, Washington
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With limited direction and a thorough understanding of accounting principles, the Assistant Division Controller assists the Division Controller in managing the accounting workflow, providing accounting direction and analytical support to division management. This includes providing direction and acting as a resource to accounting and general administrative staff to ensure complete, accurate, and timely work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and compliance requirements of other financial statutes.
• The ability to professionally interact and communicate with the region, area and division leadership team as well as staff and customers to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Must be able to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above.
• Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
• The ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
• The ability to track, measure and manage performance.
• Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
• Experience with Lawson accounting software.
• Advanced skill level with Excel.
• MBA and/or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license.
• Supervisory or lead experience at a progressively responsible level.
• Performs complex accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor financial information.
• Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
• Prepares and reviews required supporting documentation and financial statements to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
• Assists the Division Controller in the management of accounting personnel. Provides direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll).
• Assists the Division Controller in the management of the accounting workflow across all division departments (sales, customer service, operations, HR, etc.). Ensures there are proper internal controls in place including compliance with Company policies and procedures, Sarbanes Oxley and all other statutory requirements.
• Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
• Assists the Division Controller with the training and development of accounting staff at the division. Provides direction and acts as a resource to accounting and general administrative staff to ensure complete, accurate, and timely completion of work.
• May provide accounting assistance and support to the corporate, regional and/or area leadership as necessary.
• Assists the Division Controller with accounting direction and analytical support for other departments in the division (general management, sales, operations, maintenance, customer service, etc.)
• Assists the Division Controller with pricing and profitability analysis, commercial and municipal bids, and any market development projects.
• Supports the Division Controller during the annual budget and interim forecasting process and assists with analytical review.
• Supports the accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements.
• Assists with periodic financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews.
• Provides support and responds to information requests from corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, HR, sales, environmental compliance, legal, etc.) as well as region and area field financial management as required.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field of study.
• Minimum of 3 years related accounting or financial experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.