Republic Services Systems Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for monitoring, installing, configuring and maintaining infrastructure software. The Systems Engineer develops and follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving complex infrastructure problems as well as develops and promotes standard operating procedures and policies for the operating platform(s) in their area of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others. • Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner. • Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments and tasks to completion with minimal supervision. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment. • Proficient in all currently supported technology standards in use at Republic Services. • Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. • Certifications for Citrix XenApp, Citrix PVS, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Linux, ITIL, and/or project management.
• Identifies and installs system software purchases in accordance with Company policy. • Administers and maintains at least one complex operating system environment in compliance with all standards. • Has working knowledge of and may provide system support for at least one other technical platform (operating system or middleware service). • Monitors and performs data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platform(s). • Provides Tier 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support. • Assists in the development of project plans for all system software upgrades. • Maintains and manages strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services. • Ensures that assets are responsibly maintained, inventoried and/or disposed of properly. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED. • Minimum of 3 years of experience providing high level, hands-on technical support of infrastructure software platform(s).
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.