Republic Services Senior Business Analyst in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes the needs of the Company’s most complex functional business areas within Republic Services providing recommendations on system solutions or procedures. As the liaison between the business and IT department, the Senior Business Analyst ensures that the scope of work requested to enhance or modify existing application processes are clearly documented, communicated and validated. The Senior Business Analyst works closely with IT experts to design, develop, document, test and validate solutions that meet business requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between IT and the assigned functional business area for routine software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates the process of obtaining functional requirements from business stakeholders and subject matter experts utilizing elicitation techniques such as SWOT use case, and process flows diagraming.
• Performs research and analysis for proposed projects to determine feasibility, ROI and durability and presents findings to management.
• Facilitates the development of software solutions and is responsible for the knowledge transfer of software program requirements to the IT Customer Support team throughout the life cycle of a change request or development project.
• Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements such as Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
• Performs profiling and analysis of data from source systems.
• Maintains a system enhancement request database and coordinates the related application enhancement release schedule.
• Works jointly with IT Managers to create detailed project work plans for software development and enhancement projects.
• Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups as part of project implementation.
• Supports quality assurance and control efforts through the use of data analysis as part of pre- and post-implementation reviews for software development projects.
• Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
• Maintains and builds working relationships with software application vendors.
• Instructs, directs, guides, and checks the work of Business Analysts.
• Assists others with creating value propositions (ROI) for proposed projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor degree in business administration, computer engineering, information systems, finance, computer science or a related field. (Required)
• Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in a business analyst capacity working with business systems on application software development. (Required)
• Minimum of 1 year project management/coordination tracking, and organizing business analysis documentation for projects. (Required)
• Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data analysis.
• Business Analysis or Project Management Professional certification.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a lead position providing leadership and mentoring to other Business Analysts.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.