Republic Services Scrum Master in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Scrum Master is a new role within the IT department at Republic Services and requires a high energy individual that will be responsible for providing effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to support our transition to the agile development process. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master is responsible for enforcing the agile principles as well as removing impediments and promoting empowerment through self-organizing teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Serves as Scrum Master for up to three Agile teams. • Establishes and upholds Agile values and principles including collaboration, fostering a culture of openness, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs. • Coaches teams on the basics of Scrum and/or Kanban. • Facilitates Agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives. • Establishes Agile backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definitions. • Focuses teams to deliver value quickly through iterations. • Coordinates across other Agile and traditional teams for complex projects. • Escalates and/or resolves impediments to help your team ship code on regular intervals. • Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress. • Updates Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product and Sprint Backlogs in order to measure & monitor against the team’s commitments. • Facilitates discussions and manages conflict resolution effectively. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Certified Scrum Master (required). • At least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master (required). • At least 3 years of combined technology development experience in a Scrum Master, Project Manager, BA, or Developer role (required). • At least 3 years of web & mobile technology experience. • Proven successful experience in leading and driving complex, time critical software development projects. • Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.