Republic Services Recruiting Coordinator in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Recruitment Coordinator acts as the point of contact for post-offer talent acquisition and human resource related questions and information. The position is essential to ensuring that the candidate and onboarding experience for new employees is a positive one. The Recruitment Coordinator works closely with and assists the Talent Acquisition team and Human Resources Manager with a variety of post offer employment related items, including, but not limited, to post-offer background screening and related items; post-offer communication with candidates; and the arrangement of the beginning stages of on-boarding.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with using office equipment including, but not limited to, a computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator. • MS Office proficiency, including Word and Excel. • Knowledge of Company information systems applications, including payroll or applicable HRIS systems. • Ability to impact and influence all levels of the Company. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Excellent organizational skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related field. • Minimum of 1 year of Human Resources experience.
• Coordinates with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources staff regarding all post-offer employment activity.
• Provides job applicants with post-offer employment information and assists with the review of information provided by applicants.
• Assists new employees with new hire paperwork, including but not limited to paperwork related to background checks, work authorization and relocation, when applicable.
• Coordinates pre-employment drug testing scheduling.
• Monitors and reviews post offer background results daily and follows up as needed with candidates, HR, Recruiters as well as the background check vendor.
• Works closely with candidates who have been offered roles to ensure a positive experience.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 1 year administrative or Human Resources generalist experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.