Republic Services Fixed Asset Analyst in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Fixed Asset Analyst is responsible for recording the cost of newly acquired assets, tracking existing fixed assets, transferring of assets between entities, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets in accordance with Company policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Records fixed asset additions, transfers, disposals, and depreciation in line with Company policy.
• Monitors and processes transactions on a daily basis.
• Reviews and analyzes fixed asset addition support to ensure compliance with current capitalization policy.
• Serves as primary liaison between Corporate and the Field Controllership to research and resolve asset inquiries.
• Coordinates and assists with daily/weekly/monthly audits on fixed asset additions, transfers, and disposals to ensure proper set up and documentation.
• Collaborates with team on developing process improvement standards and efficiencies.
• Recommends to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
• Conducts analysis related to fixed assets as requested by management.
• Supports external audit requirements and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reporting and documentation.
• Understands work assignments and project priorities and adheres accordingly.
• Follows organizational procedures; takes initiative to communicate with management when unclear/uncertain.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience with Lawson accounting software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (preferred).
• Minimum of 1 year of fixed asset accounting, general accounting or related experience.
• Process oriented with strong attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates analytical/problem-solving solutions.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple activities or sources of information.
• Understanding of SOX requirements.
• Demonstrates ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Company guidelines and best practices.
• Ability to work independently as well as effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate or expert level of MS Excel knowledge.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.