Republic Services Accounts Payable Support Desk Coordinator in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Support Desk Coordinator - AP provides professional, accurate and timely customer service to both internal and external customers regarding Accounts Payable processing, system use and reporting, payment run deadlines, etc. This position ensures customers’ concerns are fully and timely addressed. This position also documents incoming calls/emails, issues, actions and resolution activity through a log. Where applicable, the Support Desk Coordinator - AP may also reroute internal and external customers to the appropriate department for proper resolution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to provide information on high dollar transaction processing and handling.
• Effectively conveys relevant information to customers and co-workers. Effective listening skills and comprehension skills.
• Acts in a professional, courteous cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
• Demonstrates analytical/problem-solving solutions for the customer as well as the Company.
• Seeks guidance before problems occur and promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
• Refers to a variety of sources including Company and department policies and manuals. Compiles and organizes all the facts required to respond to customer’s request.
• Develops an openness and trust with others. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner that builds teamwork.
• Ability to effectively manage two or more activities or sources of information.
• Responds timely to incoming records and organizes information others can use easily.
• Follows and promotes Republic Services’ safety rules and procedures.
• Can work independently with minimum supervision and keeps a good attitude.
• Must enjoy fast paced environment and can accept change without hesitation.
• Ariba knowledge.
• Lawson knowledge.
• Accounts Payable knowledge.
• Customer service experience in a call center environment.
• Responds professionally and courteously to customer service inquiries, requests or complaints.
• Analyzes, diagnoses and documents all internal and external customer calls/emails that originate from the AP Helpdesk phone line, the AP Helpdesk email box or the Aldon ticketing system in a timely manner with a focus on accounts payable concerns in both the Lawson and Ariba systems.
• Ensures customers’ concerns are understood clearly and explains resolution clearly to the customer.
• Works closely with all corporate departments and field personnel to promptly answer any questions or concerns.
• Contributes to team projects and assists with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on system enhancements or service pack upgrades.
• Distributes physical mail among the group and may redirect other departmental mail.
• Monitors productivity and call volume through log sheets to ensure questions have been logged, categorized, closed and escalated to management as needed.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Experience using Microsoft Office applications, including, Word, Excel, Project or PowerPoint.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.