Republic Services Route Auditor in San Diego, California
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Route Auditor rides with a driver during his or her scheduled commercial or residential route to identify enhanced operating efficiencies and ensure accurate billing, as well as opportunities for increases in service and potential safety hazards. The Route Auditor will recommend improvements in route scheduling, service capabilities or other changes based on his or her findings to enhance the customer’s experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Two years’ experience as a commercial driver or a waste industry helper.
• Experience in a customer-facing position.
• Ride with assigned driver on designated commercial and/or residential routes to gather data, including but not limited to travel times, disposal volumes, service and collection times, and accuracy of the route sheet in an effort to reduce cost, improve revenue and reduce safety hazards.
• Ensure proper customer billing by checking actual container weight, container size and number of weekly pick ups; inform Sales, Customer Service and/or Accounts Receivable of discrepancies.
• Identify opportunities for additional revenue and inform Sales and/or Customer Service.
• Utilize Route Editor program to identify overlapping routes and recommend improvements to operating efficiency.
• Identify safety hazards associated with the route and recommend changes.
• Recommend container repairs or replacements, as necessary.
• Prepare detailed reports of route audit findings; review all audit data and recommended improvements with General Manager and department managers.
• Enters data into the customer data base regarding route audit findings.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or GED.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.