Republic Services HR Generalist in San Antonio, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist provides human resources consultation and guidance to assigned business unit managers and employees regarding performance management, employee relations, workforce planning, and interpretation and implementation of employment policies to ensure consistent application and compliance with all applicable policies. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring and engaging in activities related to temporary labor utilization, onboarding, training, leaves, accommodations and HR data analysis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Provides human resources consultation and guidance to managers and business unit employees to include coaching and counseling on policy interpretation issues and resolution.
• Disseminates and monitors Corporate policies, programs and procedures.
• Oversees and participates in the on-boarding process with management to ensure orientation process is complete and thorough.
• Provides support for activities related to federal and state laws and regulations governing human resources practices including but not limited to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Work Authorization and Employment Eligibility Verification, Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Monitors and facilitates temporary labor utilization.
• Facilitates performance management by partnering with managers to address specific issues, and provides training/coaching to ensure performance reviews, talent assessments and compensation planning is complete and administered within Company guidelines.
• Facilitates discussions with management, as necessary, regarding department structure, staffing levels, reporting relationships, to ensure optimum efficiencies in staffing, career progression and talent management.
• Conducts investigations when necessary and participates in disciplinary actions when applicable.
• Communicates and plans employee engagement events for assigned business units.
• Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 3 years of human resources experience with emphasis on employee relations and/or recruiting activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.