Republic Services Warranty Claims Analyst in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With limited supervision, the Warranty Analyst collaborates with suppliers and internal stakeholders to establish processes and procedures to centralize warranty claim processing for the organization. The Analyst is responsible for warranty recovery savings through leading and documenting the warranty claims management process, administering warranty claims to suppliers, and establishing and managing controls to ensure warranty data quality. As part of the Fleet & Asset Management team, the Warranty Analyst also supports the planning and budgeting of warranty recovery dollars and works cross-functionally across divisions and suppliers to drive continuous improvement to the warranty claims process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office , including MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access.
• Knowledge of any eProcurement systems.
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships through excellent written and oral communication skills and data presentation capabilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Must be a proven self-starter, hands-on individual, and have a heightened sense of urgency and customer focus.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on detail, cost drivers and total cost of ownership.
• Ability to identify issues, evaluate various courses of action and promote the best option for resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects or tasks.
• Proficiency with spreadsheet and database management tools.
• Understanding of standard and extended warranty plans for vehicles.
• Knowledge of truck repair and the heavy duty truck market.
• Understanding of standard repair times and basic principles of warranty and claim payment in the automotive industry.
• Knowledge of contract language and structure.
• Ability to occasionally travel domestically with little notice for short periods of time.
• With direction from Fleet & Asset Management leadership, develops warranty recovery plan and process and creates and manages to annual budget.
• Develops, disseminates, and drives execution of warranty policies.
• Prepares, completes and submits the required warranty claims, special policy claims and supporting documentation to the appropriate vendor in accordance with the vendor's published procedures.
• Tracks all warranty claims through databases, spreadsheets or the asset management system (e.g. Dossier).
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of all vendor warranty and claims procedures.
• Negotiates any areas of dispute with vendors.
• Follows-up with vendors on past due claims and determines opportunities to accelerate payment.
• Answers accounting inquiries and follows up with any needs to allocate claim refunds to correct Company locations.
• Communicates and uploads warranty information, including campaigns and recalls, on all trucks.
• Maintains adequate and systematic files on warranty claims.
• Analyzes warranty trend data, recurring claims, and/or problems to identify trends and develops strategies for optimizing claim process timelines and improving supplier quality.
• Partners with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and Fleet & Asset Management employees to communicate and execute warranty policies and recovery process as well as increase the accuracy of third-party warranty claim values.
• Works with Procurement department to provide quality assurance data and identify and drive improvement in major warranty issues.
• Develops partnerships with key Area leadership and employees to support centralized claim processing.
• Partners with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) to establish capabilities to automate the warranty management process.
• Develops and implements internal training for warranty claim submission.
• Analyzes warranty trend data and develops reports on recurring warranty claims to support supplier quality improvement and communicates to stakeholders.
• Develops and manages scorecards to track field compliance to warranty procedures and evaluate key suppliers’ warranty performance metrics.
• Provides status reports to stakeholders and notifies stakeholders of any perceived problems in warranty service.
• May occasionally travel up to 20%, sometimes on short notice.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in warranty management, supply chain management, engineering, finance, accounting or business-related field.
• Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma experience.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Project, Excel, Access and eProcurement systems.
• Knowledge of truck repair and the heavy-duty truck market.
• Understanding of standard repair times and basic principles of warranty and claim payment in the automotive industry, including standard and extended warranty plans for vehicles.
• Knowledge of contract language and structure.
• Strong analytical skills with a focus on detail, cost drivers, and total cost of ownership.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and stakeholders to build strong internal and external relationships while maintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects or tasks with varying and sometimes competing timelines.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.