Republic Services Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Reporting in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting is responsible for the preparation and analysis of account reconciliations in connection with the Company’s monthly close process and completing ad hoc projects. The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting provides work direction and acts as a resource to peers within the department and works closely with corporate office and field divisions to ensure accounting issues are appropriately identified, analyzed, documented in technical position memos and reported in external and internal reports. The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting also takes a lead role in budget and forecast preparation along with analysis of actual results for the corporate office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. • Strong understanding of accounting principles and the relationship between the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. • Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. • Excellent self-review skills and ability to gather and present information accurately. • Ability to analyze and interpret complex problems. • Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. • Strong excel and data presentation skills.
• Minimum of 3 years of combined public accounting (Big 4 or Tier II National) and corporate financial analysis or accounting experience. • Certified Public Accountant. • Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or MBA.
• Takes a lead role in budget and forecast preparation for the corporate office.
• Analyzes monthly financial results and prepares presentation to senior management.
• Provides work direction and acts as a resource to peers within the department.
• Prepares account reconciliations in connection with the Company’s monthly close process.
• Compiles financial information by using system tools to prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting.
• Aggregates and supports key financial information used in the Company’s monthly internal reporting, and quarterly and annual external reporting.
• Maintains current knowledge of GAAP requirements and incorporate these requirements in accounting activities.
• Interacts with the corporate office and field divisions to assist in the identification, analysis and resolution of accounting matters.
• Assists the team in continuing to leverage existing technology and accounting knowledge to increase department efficiency, streamline the monthly close process and improve Financial Accounting processes.
• Authors and maintains content of various financial accounting policies.
• Ensures internal controls related to financial accounting processes are functioning as intended and are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Aggregates and provides information to support financial audits.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field • Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.