Republic Services Proposal Pricing Analyst in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Proposal Pricing Analyst performs complex pricing and profitability analyses to complete Request for Proposals (RFPs). The Proposal Pricing Analyst collaborates with various departments, including, Sales, Field Operations, Procurement and others to compile information and develop responses to RFP’s and other proposals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Prepares bids, responses and analyses primarily for the National Accounts, Broker Management, and field sales departments. • Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling and performance elements from functional departments. Compiles these elements in accordance with RFI, RFP, RFQ specifications and incorporates into the development of final proposals. • Collaborates to prepare competitive client spend/budget concepts and business proposals in coordination with other members of the proposal team while remaining compliant with RFP and internal policies. • Manages calendar to meet all RFP submission deadlines. Ensures that the timeline accounts for review and revision requirements from various stakeholders. • Determines direct service and partner assisted service options and capabilities and secures specialty waste stream pricing from corporate, field personnel, and third party partners. • Researches and analyzes data, determines current and historic service levels to support proposal efforts for existing and prospective clients. • Calculates profitability and revenue utilizing established Excel based models and compiles customer bid worksheets. • Prepares accurate and competitive price or cost estimates, presents rationale for business decision considering viability of revenue and cost proposal, and obtains necessary review by Key Management personnel. • Ensures accuracy and consistency by collaborating with other departments and/or the customer to reconcile missing and/or inconsistent data. • Manages certain monthly price change activities related to our Yield Management Processes. • Creates ad hoc trend and result analysis reports and analyzes the data. Assists with development of department metrics and tracks to targets. • Evaluates performance and effectiveness of pricing programs, tools and documents, and makes recommendations for modifications. Reviews recommendations with management. • Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree (required). • Minimum of 3 years of pricing, financial analysis, sales analysis, or estimating experience. • Previous experience with proposal pricing analysis in the waste industry • Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance. • Experience using analytical skills requiring a keen attention to detail. • Experience using Excel at an intermediate to advanced skill level. • Strong analytical skills and ability to translate knowledge of processes and information into action plans.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.