Republic Services Instructional Design Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Instructional Design Specialist collaborates with stakeholders and subject matter experts to analyze business needs and recommend learning strategies. Employing a variety of instructional methods, the Instructional Design Specialist develops and deploys performance-based e-learning, video, instructor-led, and blended-learning solutions. The Instructional Design Specialist also aligns with business stakeholders to evaluate the impact of the learning strategy on organizational goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Follows accepted Instructional Design (ID) processes to design and develop blended learning solutions and training materials with highest level of instructional design and most up-to-date content—ensures a variety of collaborative learning strategies: guided facilitation, short lecture, group discussion, and experiential exercises. • Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs and recommends modifications to training programs as needed based on business goals and objectives. • Manages program design projects; maintains project plan; scopes resource requirements, including costs; while working closely with sponsor(s), subject matter experts, developers, and/or vendors. • Researches and assesses technical and soft skill training needs, establishes objectives, and designs curricula to meet the business needs. • Conducts analysis of training evaluations to assess content relevancy, trainer effectiveness, Return on Investment (ROI), client satisfaction and trainer feedback regarding the experience. • Provides input on planning and strategy for Instructional Design team to manager. • Collaborates with team to ensure proper training design and consistent delivery methodology. • Consults with management regarding organizational effectiveness and employee development needs. • Conducts cost-benefit analysis for all training initiatives. • Researches and recommends the use of vendor-based materials for organizational development and performance improvement projects. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. (Required).
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2 years of corporate training experience in instructional design and development. (Required).
• 2 or more years of experience working with Learning Management Systems.
• Knowledge of instructional design principles and adult education concepts with an ability to identify appropriate delivery methods and develop technical and conceptual content for a variety of training projects.
• Ability to manage large design and development projects from conception, through design and development, implementation and evaluation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WebEx or other virtual training application, eLearning (Articulate Storyline) /LMS systems.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills with a strong emphasis on technical writing skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to effectively work within a fast-paced/customer-focused environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.