Republic Services Analyst, Operations Effectiveness in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Analyst, Operations Effectiveness plays a key role in the creation of future-state processes and tools that will ultimately transform service delivery at Republic Services. Working closely with Operations, Information Technology, Customer Experience, and other cross-functional stakeholders, this position drives significant portions of Republic Services’ future-state operations strategy. The Analyst, Operations Effectiveness supports the Operations Effectiveness team by leveraging their project delivery skillset to aid the creation and field socialization of project inputs, ultimately driving field solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
o Continuously provides input on Operations processes and capabilities to ensure proposed and implemented solutions meet customer and operational demands.
o Supports groups of internal and external resources across all phases of solution delivery including planning, requirements, development, and implementation to drive customer-facing and productivity enhancing capabilities.
• Deliverable Creation and Socialization
o Responsible for creation of process documentation, project content, and inputs into project deliverables.
o Responsible for advocating for and socializing project deliverables with key stakeholders.
o Plans, facilitates, and conducts business working sessions.
o Participates, facilitates, or leads multiple aspects of technology and process delivery (requirements, design, training, deployment, etc.).
o Attends internal Core Team working sessions to provide insights and knowledge into Business Requirements, Future State Process Definition, and Scope/Approach for field testing.
o Conducts working sessions with Extended Field Team members/subject matter experts to address gaps/open items in deliverable creation.
o Facilitates proof-of-concept and pilot activity to validate solutions and benefits.
o Reviews all deliverables and deliverable templates and provides inputs/suggestions for quality improvement.
• Field Stakeholder Partnership
o Maintains excellent understanding of the needs of operators in the field through work with drivers, dispatchers, supervisors, and other relevant subject matter experts.
o Facilitates socialization of deliverables with defined stakeholders to ensure their buy-in on content.
o Provides Operations Effectiveness team with insights into political sensitivities.
o Provides Operations Effectiveness team with input into development of field socialization approach.
• Travels by air and/or car up to 30% of the time.
• Performs other job duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience with large-scale technology and process implementations in a key support role (required).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in waste or transportation industry, particularly with deep experience in field process or operations role, or equivalent experience in a support role with a top-tier consulting firm.
• Previous experience organizing and leading a diverse group of contributors and stakeholders to achieve objectives.
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of current-state operational processes, pain points, and areas of opportunity by asking high gain questions, engaging in active listening, and probing.
• Written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create, process, and design content in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio and confidently facilitate working sessions in these mediums with key stakeholders at all levels.
• Results orientation and good time management skills with an ability to understand key milestones, goals, and objectives while leading groups of internal and external resources to meet project goals.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to adjust and adapt to changing conditions.
• Ability to translate operational team issues into new ideas and garner excitement and generate interest in program amongst field stakeholders.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.