Republic Services Wash Bay Technician - E&P in Odessa, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The TRD – Wash Bay Technician performs repairs and maintenance on the facility and its equipment, including tanks, boxes, pumps and trucks, in a safe and efficient manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Unloads various vessels containing non-hazardous oilfield waste, including tanks, trucks and boxes.
• Communicates with the supervisor and/or manager about any supplies needed or unsafe working conditions.
• Understands all piping, valves and flow through wash bay area.
• Operates bobcat skid loader, various pumps and pressure washers needed to clean and maintain facilities and containers such as tanks, boxes and trucks.
• Operates and manipulates water pumps as needed.
• Performs routine service and cleaning of yard equipment, pumps and facilities, as directed by the supervisor or manager.
• Participates in emergency drills that may require evacuation of the facility.
• Participates in safety meetings.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of two years of related work experience.
• General knowledge of safe oil and gas field service operations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.