Republic Services Manager Environmental Systems in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Manager of Environmental Systems is responsible for managing the proper operation and maintenance of environmental monitoring systems, including, but not limited to, the Landfill Gas Collection and Control System and the Leachate Collection System. The Manager of Environmental Systems is also responsible for budgets and oversight of consultants and contractors working on the environmental monitoring systems, ensuring the facility remains in compliance with all applicable regulations for the environmental systems during operation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to environmental systems including landfill gas and leachate.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal communications across various levels of the organization and with external customers, vendors and government agency representatives.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to the Company.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, professional. journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ensures all direct reports and third-party consultants and contractors are compliant with the Facility’s and Company’s health, safety, and maintenance programs.
• Manages Environmental Systems projects, including responsibility for budget, schedule and quality of work.
• Supervises environmental personnel as needed, including responsibility for hiring, training, mentoring, developing, scheduling, directing, managing performance and other related duties; review work of, and is accountable of the performance of the environmental staff under their supervision.
• Oversees third-party consultants, contractors and operations and maintenance providers, and resource and material coordination; ensuring adherence to the Company’s Design and Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) Standards.
• Prepares Environmental Systems construction budgets and ongoing operational budgets.
• Maintains fiscal responsibility for Environmental Systems construction, closure/post-closure, engineering, operations, and cost tracking.
• Coordinates completion of Environmental Systems permit applications and designs; requiring complete knowledge and enforcement of all applicable permit conditions and regulatory requirements.
• Oversees operations and maintenance of the Environmental Systems within the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Review and analyze Environmental System data; resolving any discrepancies in the associated databases and statistical tracking systems.
• Participates in compliance programs and measurements for the assigned site(s) and maintains appropriate records.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Associate’s Degree or minimum 8 years of experience managing Environmental Systems including Landfill Gas Collection and Control Systems, Leachate Collection Systems or other remediation systems. (Required.)
• Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to environmental systems including landfill gas and leachate. (Required.)
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.