Republic Services Shift Lead Recycle Center in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
Reporting to an Operations Supervisor or Manager, the Shift Lead, Material Recycling Facility (MRF) is responsible for providing direction to recycling center staff to ensure that all tasks are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety and compliance standards, as well as with all federal and state regulations. The Shift Lead also provides operational support and coordination throughout the recycling center.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Commercial driver's license.
• Equipment maintenance experience.
• Oversees and performs various tasks/job duties related to the operational support and coordination throughout the recycling center, including but not limited to, inventory control, quality control, operational staffing and performance improvements, and inbound tip floor management.
• Provides direction to Sorters and other MRF operations staff.
• Ensures compliance with all safety rules regarding MRFs.
• Performs daily inspections of equipment and inventory.
• Maintains cleanliness of facility during shift.
• Increases production by minimizing down time and providing training.
• Keeps attendance records on all workers; gives verbal and written warnings when necessary.
• Distinguishes different types of recyclables (e.g., various types of plastic - PETE, HDPE; glass by color; aluminum from tin or bi-metal; paper - 5 to 6 grades).
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 years related experience in equipment operation and/or recyclery.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.