Republic Services Administrative Assistant in Commerce City, Colorado
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
An Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the manager(s) and others in the Company by supplying information to callers, maintaining files, organizing and keeping schedules and appointments, generating standard reports, and producing correspondence.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Associate’s degree.
• Some college level coursework.
• Answer telephones and provide information to callers and/or route calls to appropriate person; place outgoing calls as required.
• Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business, and escort to manager or other appropriate person.
• Read and route incoming mail.
• Respond to requests regarding information, materials or business needs.
• Compose and prepare routine correspondence.
• File correspondence and other records.
• Schedule appointments for manager and other staff members.
• Compile and maintain standard reports and other statistical reports or data compilations.
• Maintain highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 2 years of prior experience in an office environment.
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.