Republic Services Forklift Operator-MRF in Charlotte, North Carolina
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Forklift Operator – MRF is responsible for the safe operation of the forklift at a recycling facility or MRF. For the purpose of stacking baled material, loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the facility in an efficient and safe manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must complete and pass OSHA's requirements for forklift certification (powered industrial truck) training as set forth in 29 CFR 1910.178. • Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. • Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High School diploma or GED. • Minimum of 1 year of prior related experience in forklift operation. • Minimum 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition
• Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
• Responsible for loading of trailers with baled material safely and efficiently.
• Responsible for organizing baled material in the warehouse.
• Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers of recycled materials and trash bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time;
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.