Republic Services Customer Service Rep in Chandler, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With general direction and knowledge of Company services and processes, the Customer Service Representative I is responsible for processing and resolving customer service requests in a timely and accurate manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong problem resolution skills.
• Able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated.
• Good typing and data entry skills.
• Proficient reading and math skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Knowledge of the waste management industry.
• Experience using bilingual skills in a business environment.
• Provides timely and accurate solutions for customer service requests, while demonstrating a high level of empathy, professionalism and respect.
• Responds primarily to inbound calls and, as needed, initiates outbound calls to resolve customer service inquiries.
• Inputs standard customer requests into Company systems.
• Effectively responds to initial customer requests and may involve cross-functional assistance to resolve issues.
• Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
• Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a call center or other customer service related environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.