Republic Services Customer Service Consultant in Chandler, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With general direction and an in-depth knowledge of Company services and processes, the Customer Service Consultant III is responsible for researching and resolving customer issues that are commonly complex in nature.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong research, investigation and problem resolution skills.
• Able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated.
• Good typing and data entry skills.
• Proficient reading and math skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Customer Service Specialist (II) in Republic’s National Accounts Customer Service.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Republic Services in a Customer Service environment.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
• Knowledge of the waste management industry.
• Experience using bilingual skills in a business environment.
• With a high level of customer service empathy, professionalism and respect, this position provides a second tier of support, responding to escalated customer service calls in a timely and accurate manner.
• Responds to inbound call or email requests and initiates outbound calls to resolve complex issues including escalated customer issues and unresolved customer accounts that require additional research.
• Serves as a primary resource for others on customer issues, facilitating timely and accurate exchange of information.
• Effectively responds to customer escalations including, but not limited to, service changes, contract billing and equipment issues. Issues may require cross-functional assistance to investigate and resolve matters.
• Returns all internal/external calls, emails, and faxes in a timely manner, ensuring that customers’ concerns are understood and resolution is clearly explained.
• Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
• Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement.
• Reviews and may develop ad hoc reports that address cross-functional business improvement opportunities.
• May assist with developing action plans with Customer Service Management to resolve issues and build effective processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience providing service in a high volume customer service environment.
• Experience working in a team environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.